Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kosher McDonald's!

McDonald's Israel has over 80 restaurants, seven of them kosher. Although McDonald's claims that the beef at all of the restaurants is locally sourced and 100% kosher, only the kosher seven are closed on Shabbat and Jewish holidays and have separate sections and windows for serving their dairy products. They also have a Teudat Kashrut, a certificate of kashrut signed by the local rabbinate. One of these kosher McDonalds is in the Ben Gurion airport, another in Be'er Sheva near our HMO.

Imagine my delight after a wearying day trying to figure out the Israeli health care system for the first time to spy in my little eye this kosher McDonald's in the mall where our clinic was located.


I spy in my little eye a kosher McDonald's

I walked up to the counter and ordered a grilled double patty with french fries. I nearly plotzed when they asked if I wanted to be "upgraded". ("Super-sized", as my explained.) Yes, yes SUPER-SIZE me, I exclaimed. And they did.


SUPER-SIZE ME!

1 comment:

  1. This was one of Davids Highlights in Israel ( the other 2 were Pizza Hut and Burger King)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails